Case (Sharon) Talbot
I'm a developer, and the best reason to consider hiring me is my consistent focus on high quality work with excellent usability. I'm passionate about the projects I work on and about making great interfaces backed by solid code.
Experience with: C/C++, Java, Ruby, Mono/GTK#
Software Development Engineer, 2010 - present
- Maintained and enhanced a private API to support a complex product, as well as a public API web service.
- Conducted in-depth code reviews for security in all components of the project, particularly with respect to SQL injection, XSS prevention, and securing of sensitive data.
Software Development Engineer in Test, 2009-2010
- Developed a large body of API unit tests in both NUnit and MSTest.
- Developed and prototyped a testing strategy for the client side using the Selenium library.
Western Washington University, 2005-2008
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
Program Support Staff, 2007-2008
- Developed purpose-specific web applications on request, including working on the department website and developing a browser-based password reset mechanism for students using CAS (Central Authentication System).
- Debugged and created solutions for hardware and software issues with lab computers in Windows, Linux, and OSX.
Computer Science Teaching Assistant, 2007
Web Developer, 2006-2008
Olin College, 2002-2005
Studied electronics computer engineering before transferring to Western for computer science.
Research Assistant, 2003
- Developed an informational website documenting Dr. Somerville’s work.
- Researched high electron mobility transistors, and prepared detailed summary material to aid in the re-introduction of Dr. Somerville to the field after an absence of several years.